DIY Enzymes & Reagents
- Recombinant p50-T4 DNA Ligase
- Barrick Lab’s pfu-sso7d (Phusion Polymerase)
- dCas9 (Nuclease-dead S. pyogenes Cas9)
- T7 RNA Polymerase (IVT Workhorse)
- Biotin Ligase (BirA, in vitro biotinylation)
- Forbidden Technique: Bootleg Coomassie Blue
- Pipette Jockey’s Homebrew Reverse Transcriptase (Mashup-RT)
Dreams From the Wet Lab
All placements are scientific fact; dispute at the risk of being a science denier. Plasmids are rated on these factors to determine their rank: (1) Dankness, (2) Applicability of name to vector function.
The “Winging It” strategy is the 9th circle of Hell (Treachery) in Dante’s Inferno. You will find yourself frozen in place by gusts of chaos and uncertainty generated by what will seem to be a literal demon. First, realize the benefits of the situation…
When I started working in a lab, I thought being clever was enough. “Each variable in an experiment is a Chess piece,” I told myself, “and the successful experiment is nothing more than moving the pieces in the correct way, at the correct time.” …
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.